calls needed again today to stop S 1 that would criminalize boycotting

palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Mon Jan 28 12:02:31 PST 2019

CALL YOUR SENATOR:
The Senate to Vote on Anti-BDS Legislation Today
Senator Feinstein (202) 224-3841 -
<https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me> Click to email

Senator Harris  (202) 224 - 3553 -
<https://www.harris.senate.gov/contact/email> Click to email

(WASHINGTON, D.C. 1/28/2019)-Now that the government shutdown has ended,
S.1, or the
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xRusmbgZGjUMHfSOY7lXZTc8pmg
kf5AH> "Strengthening America's Security in the Middle East Act of 2019,"
will be brought to the Senate floor for a fourth time this month.

The Senate will vote on this legislation TODAY at 5:30 PM. This bill, which
contains the Combatting BDS Act of 2019, attacks our right to boycott.

With the shutdown over, it is likely that this bill will gain more support
from Democrats who previously opposed it. We can't let this happen. You can
make a difference by acting now and calling your senators this morning!

This bill calls on state and local governments to withhold contracts from
any individual or business entity that boycotts Israel. It ultimately
stifles criticism of Israel at the federal level.

TAKE ACTION NOW:

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RGH1d9MHhXT0PEoIfAtdGTc8pmg
kf5AH> Please call your two senators immediately. Be sure when you contact
them that you mention your opposition to S.1 and that you are a constituent
of their state.

*	The
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5yophYIg8tkmnydMKtYzIjc8pmg
kf5AH> ACLU has said that all measures criminalizing BDS violate the First
Amendment by penalizing Americans for political speech.
*	Do not silence one side of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or
sacrifice our constitutional rights for the interests of a foreign
government.

  _____

The 5th Annual Palestine Advocacy Day & Training
April 5 - 8, 2019
Washington, D.C.