Protect our right to boycott - contact your Representative now.

palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Thu Jan 31 14:34:46 PST 2019

TAKE ACTION

On Tuesday (1/29/19), the Senate passed S 1, a bill that included provisions
criminalizing our right to boycott
<https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/rights-protesters/congress-trying-use
-spending-bill-criminalize-boycotts-israel-and> , which were put in the bill
to try to stop the boycott movement against Israel's apartheid and human
rights abuses.

You can thank California's Senators Feinstein
<https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact>  and Harris
<https://www.harris.senate.gov/contact>  for voting against S 1. Tell them
you want our right to boycott protected and that you also object to the $38
billion in aid for Israel that was included in S 1.

Now we need to contact our representatives in the House and ask them to
voice their opposition to S 1's companion bill HR 336
<https://israelpalestinenews.org/mccaul-introduces-house-bill-to-give-israel
-billions-of-dollars-combat-bds/>  or any bill that would take away our
right to boycott and to the $38 billion in aid for Israel that is included
in HR 336.

Call or email your representative  <https://matsui.house.gov/contact>
Matsui,  <https://bera.house.gov/connect-with-me/email-ami> Bera,
<https://garamendi.house.gov/contact/email> Garamendi, McNearny
<https://mcnerney.house.gov/contact> , LaMalfa
<https://lamalfa.house.gov/contact> , others and Speaker of the House
<https://www.speaker.gov/contact/> Nancy Pelosi

All members of Congress can be reached through the Congressional Switchboard
202-224-3121.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Sunday, Feb 10, 2019, 10:30am,
<https://www.facebook.com/events/364373394374241> Protest the Pro-Israel
lobby AIPAC annual event in Sacramento at the downtown Hyatt Regency, 1209 L
St. Learn how the Israeli lobby spies on and tries to smear U.S. citizens
and buy their elected officials. Watch The Lobby:
<https://electronicintifada.net/content/watch-film-israel-lobby-didnt-want-y
ou-see/25876> Episodes 1 & 2 -
<https://electronicintifada.net/content/watch-final-episodes-al-jazeera-film
-us-israel-lobby/25896> Episodes 3 & 4 . FMI:
SacReg4PalestinianRights at gmail.com
<mailto:SacReg4PalestinianRights at gmail.com>

Monday, Feb 11, 2019, 6pm, Discussion Series:
<https://www.pcusastore.com/Products/2646618001/why-palestine-matters-the-st
ruggle-to-end-colonialism.aspx> Why Palestine Matters: The Struggle to End
Colonialism. Fahs Room, Unitarian Universalists 2425 Sierra Blvd.
Sacramento. FMI: Unionhackett at comcast.net, 916-716-3827.

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2019, 4 - 6pm, Monthly Vigil for Palestinian rights. End
the Siege on Gaza.  <http://www.aidtoisrael.org/section.php?id=379> End U.S.
aid to Israel. &  <http://www.sacbds.org/products> Boycott companies aiding
Israel's abuses. 16th & J, Sacramento. 916-448-7157.

Sunday, Feb 24, 2019, 1pm,
<https://www.facebook.com/events/336914030366656/> Countering Repression of
Activists: Protecting our right to dissent and boycott. UCD Prof Sunaina
Maira and former Students for Justice in Palestine president Marcell Obeid
address attempts to silence students and faculty who have organized for
Palestinian rights and what this means for all efforts to challenge
injustice.
Click for Maira's book Boycott: The Academy and Justice for Palestine
<https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520294899/boycott> .
Obeid is interviewed in
<https://electronicintifada.net/content/watch-film-israel-lobby-didnt-want-y
ou-see/25876> The Lobby series.
Doors open 12:30pm for refreshments. Arden Dimick Library, 891 Watt,
Sacramento. FMI: 916-448-7157; SacPeace at dcn.org <mailto:SacPeace at dcn.org> .

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2019, 6pm, Discussion Series: Why Palestine Matters: The
Struggle to End Colonialism
<https://www.pcusastore.com/Products/2646618001/why-palestine-matters-the-st
ruggle-to-end-colonialism.aspx> . Fahs Room, Unitarian Universalists 2425
Sierra Blvd. Sacramento. FMI: Unionhackett at comcast.net, 916-716-3827.

SAVE THE DATE: Sunday, May 5, 2019. Protest the annual Celebrating Israeli
apartheid event. Time & location TBA.

Please do not reply to this email, send any questions, requests to subscribe
or unsubscribe to SacReg4PalestinianRights at gmail.com