[Davisgig] DavisGig in 10 seconds or less

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Thu May 21 10:33:16 PDT 2015

I'd say concentrate on the problem. Something like:

"""
High-speed Internet access is crucial infrastructure for a community like
ours. Davis is way behind comparable communities. We can't depend on
Comcast and AT&T to fix this for us. We need to do it ourselves.
"""

In my mind, the point is to start a discussion, not say everything in 10
seconds. I want to tell people "wake up; this is important for our future"
but more politely ;)

Ideally, the response to a statement like the one above is one or more
questions we're ready to talk about:

   - What do you mean we're way behind?
   - Why is it crucial?
   - Don't we have high-speed Internet?
   - Why can't the private sector do this without involving the city?
   - What would it look like if we did it ourselves?
   - What are other communities doing?