[Davisgig] City Staff Lunch

Douglas A. Walter dawalter at dcn.org
Wed Mar 25 20:57:17 PDT 2015

Hi all. Taking the notes from Robert and Bill together, I don't have too much to add. So thank you two for doing such a good job, both during lunch and in making reports.

There's a whole lot of politics and lawyering that will go into making a parcel tax proposal -- and we don't need to sweat the details right now. Rather, we need to realize how big a deal this will be, how big a fight we can expect from telco/cable companies, and how great the rewards can be. One point I hadn't fully grasped is that Davis does have one municipal utility right now: our water provider. Oh, and did you know that there's been mild controversy around that subject recently?? [I'm making a joke; anyone who wants to hear about CBFR and other non-Gig trivia and write me off list.]

I'm really glad we've started working up our web page. As Rob indicated, there are a number of ways we need to re-pack and re-use these points. The "listening tour" is one important opportunity.

--
“Sing the names of the dead who brought us here, who laid the train tracks, raised the bridges, picked the cotton and the lettuce, built brick by brick the glittering edifices they would then keep clean and work inside of.” -- Elizabeth Alexander

Doug Walter • dawalter at dcn.org • (home address)