[Davisgig] Website stuff

Douglas A. Walter dawalter at dcn.org
Tue Mar 3 19:56:05 PST 2015

Hi folks. Well… I was asked by a Council Member to come on down tonight, and comment on the Council item. So I'm not going to "jump the gun," nor spout off the web address yet. But I do want to speak in favor of a Davis community gigabit fiber network, and say that there's a group working to advocate for it. Otherwise, I'm going to suggest that the Plan's Recommendation #1, is a great one, where staff recommends that Council consider a study of a business case for a community network. They say that, because of the expiration of the Comcast contract in 2018, that such a study should be completed by September 2016 at the latest.

I'll say that I'm involved in the group, but that tonight I'm speaking for myself only. I'm not going to leave for the Council chamber for another 20 minutes. And, heck, I might bring the laptop with me and listen to any input on my PERSONAL comments tonight.

On Mar 3, 2015, at 5:57 PM, Robert Nickerson wrote:

> Hi
>
> Great input everyone.
>
> So this website is finally out for you all  to look at.
> Plus we have a group meeting tomorrow at Sudwerk
> Everyone on the web team side has put in great effort to make it so!
>
> Thanks to you all, web team people
>
> And it happens to be locally topical, because there is a pertinent Council Agenda item at 8:30pm.
>
> We were thinking, take advantage of that opportunity to talk about
> the project and refer people to the website.
>
> But we don't need to be too hasty here, we only have one chance on a first impression ;)
>
> It is a great achievement in one month, and can look at the wording and cogitate on it more, tomorrow.
>
> So lets all discusss this tomorrow and a content czar can take charge
> of making any changes to text in line with the agreed upon goal.
>
> Thanks again Fei, Braden, Jordan and anyone else who contributed content to make this happen in
> a month. WoW!
>
> I'll be at the meeting tonight, will give my little 3 minute comment and see how it goes.
>
> See you all tomorrow.
>
> Thx
> RAN

Doug Walter (home address)
dawalter at dcn.org
I absolutely adore the unicorns 'n' bunnies utopia implied in the phrase "a drug-free world." Sort of like saying "a dust-free desert," or "a salt-free ocean" or "an adultery-free Republican party." It's like they let an oversheltered child come up with their name. "Partnership for No More Icky Things Like, Ever" Mark Morford 8/12/2009