[Davisgig] Email to council members before tonight

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Dec 1 14:46:21 PST 2015

Having read the discussions, I don't agree with Shneor.  I don't think we
need this removed from consent, and I don't think we want it delayed --
which could easily push it into next year. If you speak with a council
member, I suggest you instead encourage them to pass it, with the emphasis
that time is of the essence.

Let me also note a more concrete -- not just procedural -- disagreement
with Shneor. He argues that:

"""
DavisGig had done a great deal of groundwork, and volunteer members of this
group should be co-opted to work on the task force.
"""

The co-opting of DavisGig into the task force is just what I think we
should avoid. DavisGig should ideally be an activist group a step outside
the city's process. Then, if the task force is moving too slowly, we can
say so and apply pressure. That's a lot harder if you've been subsumed into
the process.