[Davisgig] ISP deploys fiber service with a wrinkle—the users themselves own each network

Ted Swift G5 tjswift at omsoft.com
Wed Nov 16 22:50:14 PST 2022

Jim,
Can you say a little more? I’m a loyal Omsoft customer, inside the western edge of Davis. Omsoft’s signal is on AT&T’s UVerse copper wires, AFAIK, and since we’re at the hairy edge of the exchange distance, our bandwidth and reliability aren’t great.
“Fiber to the Om” https://www.omsoft.com/om-ftth/ <https://www.omsoft.com/om-ftth/>  seems to be offered in spots in Davis, and is a collaboration with AT&T. From that page, it’s not clear why it’s only available in those spots, and whether they have plans to expand it.
-Ted