[Davisgig] First Take on NTIA’s Newest Broadband Grant Program

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Mon May 24 15:09:36 PDT 2021

Not sure if there is interest, but just in case:

First Take on NTIA’s Newest Broadband Grant Program

 From broadband planning and engineering firm, CTC.

https://www.ctcnet.us/blog/first-take-on-ntias-newest-broadband-grant-program/

The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
released a notice of funding opportunity (NOFO) on May 19, 2021, for the
Broadband Infrastructure Program—what the Consolidated Appropriations
Act referred to as the Promote Broadband Expansion Grant Program. The
funding window for submission of grant applications is now open and will
close on August 17, 2021.

This program represents a remarkable opportunity for communities and
their private partners. Based on our first take on the NOFO, NTIA will
fund projects that represent win-win, shared-risk scenarios as between
public and private entities: projects in which public entities fund,
build, and maintain communications infrastructure assets and their
private partners operate those networks and provide services to the
public.

This is a model we’ve long analyzed, developed, and championed because
of the opportunity for communities to share risk and effort with private
partners.

Here are key points you should understand about the program in general:

(snip)