[Davisgig] Fwd: Re: Fiber-optic network for Davis

Shneor Sherman szsherm at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 11:23:57 PDT 2019

Campaign contributions in Davis are limited to $100 (maybe raised a bit recently), so that's not a reason for any postion taken cy a city council member.

Funding has ben an issue from the beginning of the discussion in 2015. We don't know how much dark fiber is already installed, which could be part of the plan. We don't know how much UC Davis would pay for participation, or the school district or Yolo County. We don't know about state, federal or private grants that could be awarded for this project. These are all issues the BATF could investigate. We don't know if anyone has contacted our elected state and federal legislators to ask for help - that would be a job for the city council.

Sh eor Sherman