[Davisgig] Fwd: City of Davis, CA: Broadband Advisory Task Force April 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Fri Apr 19 14:57:54 PDT 2019

Hi Everyone

Should be an interesting meeting, possibly the final one.  BATF members
will discuss and make their recommendation to go ahead and pursue
municipal fiber or not. The BATF might continue after this, some other
body or the effort might end. Again, the next 6 weeks are going to be
critical as to if this goes forward in any way, please stay engaged. If
you want to give public comment at the BATF meeting, this would
certainly, be a good one to either provide in person or written comment.

Please send comments to:

Task Force Chair: Chris Clements (clements at ucdavis.edu), Staff Liason:
Sarah Worley (sworley at cityofdavis.org)

Please also send to help at dcn.org

Attached is a document that was developed in support of Yes to Municipal
Fiber and the high level goals and benefits the project could provide.

Feel free to  reference this for Talking Points with community members.

If anything has been left out or you want to comment on the google doc
version of this statement, hit me up and I will send you a link to
comment at. I'd like to turn it into a piece for the enterprise next week.

Thanks

RAN