[Davisgig] Fwd: [DCN-News] Please include DCN in your Big Day of Giving tomorrow.

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Mon May 2 14:28:10 PDT 2016

Email not displaying correctly? Click here to view it in your browser
<http://www2.dcn.org/dcn/newsl/20160502>.
<http://www2.dcn.org/dcn/about/dcn-news> | forward to a friend
<http://www2.dcn.org/dcn/dcnews/20160502/sendto_form>

DCN News
May 2, 2016
	Davis Community Network <http://dcn.org/>

24 hours to give where your heart is for local nonprofit organizations,
including DCN.

Big Day of GivingPlease include DCN in your Big Day of Giving on May
3rd, 2016. DCN has two important local projects that your donation will
support. The DavisGIG project is the biggest that DCN has ever tackled
and we urge you to give generously.

Visit the DCN page at BIGDayofGiving.Org
<https://bigdayofgiving.org/npo/davis-community-network> to help support
DavisGIG and the DCN Toolkit.

  * *DavisGIG <http://davisgig.org/>* will help bring community-owned,
    ultra-fast internet to Davis. High-speed Internet access is crucial
    infrastructure for a community like ours. It can help diversify the
    economy, attract and retain businesses, provide better, cheaper
    internet connections to our residences, address digital-divide
    issues, and create new revenues for our City. This asset, owned by
    our City, operated by our community, provides choice to residents
    for Internet, video and phone services . We need $125,000 to fund a
    Feasibility Study, the first milestone. An investment in our City's
    infrastructure is an investment in your future.
  * *The Nonprofit Internet Toolkit
    <http://www2.dcn.org/dcn/about/projects/dlit>* is a variety of
    tools, resources, classes and support that could improve a
    nonprofit's effectiveness in serving its mission. Every nonprofit
    has fundamental needs. For example, all nonprofits need to inform,
    educate and/or inspire people about their organizations or causes.
    Many nonprofits need to manage their volunteers. All nonprofits need
    to communicate with their members and clients. These needs can often
    be met by applying the right tool to the task.

Look up "Davis Community Network" at BIGdayofgiving.org
<http://bigdayofgiving.org/> on Tuesday, May 3rd. DCN is dedicated to
helping local people take advantage of and benefit from the new
information and communication technologies and services associated with
the Internet and media convergence. DCN is a nonprofit education and
community service organization founded in 1993.

Davis Community Network <http://dcn.org/> is a nonprofit organization
that provides Internet-related services and support to local nonprofit
organizations, public agencies, schools and individuals. We're putting
the power of the Internet in the hands of people and organizations to
connect, engage, and build a stronger community - since 1993.

Follow us on Facebook <http://facebook.com/dcn.org>.

For DCN account and technical support, contact our partner OmSoft
Technologies: help at dcn.org <mailto:help at dcn.org> or (530)758-0119 (Just
say "DCN")

Other questions: admin at dcn.org <mailto:admin at dcn.org> or (530)750-1170

Change address: http://mailman.dcn.org/options/dcn-news