[Davisgig] Fwd: Municipal Broadband Network

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Thu Apr 28 14:41:55 PDT 2016

Hi Folks

This would make a great advertisement for DavisGIG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC-eqnU_eL8

Looks like this company makes an OSS that supports municipal networks.

As does COS Systems and BRIKKS in Sweden.

The RFP for the study was not able to be discussed at last nights BATF
meeting. It is postponed to the May meeting.
So that is kind of going to proceed at the speed it will be. Its
important these folks get a chance to discuss and weigh in on the document.

The next BATF meeting, I'd like 1-3 members of the list that have come
to the DavisGIG meetings and helped chart the way, to kind of humanize
our group a little and share your perspective. You wouldn't have to stay
long just do a public comment.  Its likely the last Wed of the month at
6:30 pm. Will remind folks again as we get closer to the date.

I have 3 pretty solid commits from companies that will respond. So will
let them know of the delay.

Hope to see some of you at the KDRT Sudwerk benefit on Tuesday.

RAN