[Davisgig] Important - Financial Estimates Required

rob rob at omsoft.com
Tue Sep 29 20:54:18 PDT 2015

More Meetings

So Its time for another meeting with Diane Parro new CIO at the City, on
Thur 10/8 at 8:30 AM at the Davis Makerspace. This meeting will take an
hour and we will go over our estimate of costs involved in building out
and running the network, as well as what kind of revenues the city could
expect. Big Deal Meeting. This is an important meeting, we have to show
this as a net benefit for the City to invest, and it will be our
goalpost for costs going forward with the City process.

It's important we provide good estimates, and that we present our
opinions on why they are accurate and how this would work for the city.
This will be the basis for costs they think of  from the initial staff
report as it all gets knocked around at Council level.

I've started to collect costs on equipment, and will also be able to put
in the network operations labor side of things, plus the network
hardware and Internet connections to the Data Centers.

Meeting this Thursday 10/1/2015 at 10am  with Pacific Utility
construction, located in woodland.  They are a local contact I have made
that does conduit and fiber installs for the major carriers, and would
love to sub bid out this job and keep our dollars in our county.

My plan is to ask them how they would do this job, and get a ballpark
estimate.

Anyone that wants to come to one or both meetings drop me a line, I'd
love other perspectives and effort from the community to make this
happen. IT is a very important one.

Also - I'll be putting what costs we have collected already on trello
for others to check out. Presently this will be some figures on
equipment, plus some labor operations costs omsoft will help put
together, and an estimate on uptake.

I'd be using an estimate of 33% of homes/businesses taking up the fiber
network,
does anyone think that number is out of line?

Its still TBD if everyone in the city pays out on this, for the
benefits, making it a 2/3 + 1 vote or only the 33% that we get as
subscribers and their corresponding franchise or lease fees. That should
et hashed out with a feasibility study report.

AND

Meeting at Sudwerk, Wed Oct 7th at 6:30pm

ALSO

Lawn signs are being printed.

And a big thank you to Davis Media Access, as davisgig announcements are
showing up on KDRT, 95.7fm.

People are looking at our Facebook page a lot more, and its increasing
awareness. Independent of that,  I tell someone new about it every day.
Today was the Pastor of University Covenant Church. All they can get is
6 Mbps ATT ADSL. They are STOKED about DavisGIG.

So please if anyone wants to take on regularly updating the Facebook
page and putting up content from twitter, and the mailing list that
would be appreciated.

Onward!

Thanks
RN