[Davisgig] DavisGIG PR Campaign + DCN Fiscal Agency + Frewh Web + Meeting

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Thu May 28 15:57:27 PDT 2015

Hi Davisites

1) PR Efforts

Ducks are being lined up in the background here over this last month.
Here is a list of some things volunteers have accomplished.

     - We now have a logo, a vinyl printed banner of the logo.

     - We have a draft of a long form talk for service and community
groups.

     - We have social media links on our test website, and a paypal
donation mechanism.

     - We have one letter done for the Enterprise.

     - We have checked the DFM regs for having a table and are ready

So its time to get out there, and talk to our community, and build
excitement for this coming project.
There are 2-3 more things that need to be in place before we hit the
communtiy as a whole with the news, but those should be relatively
easily done by the first week of June.

Following our aforementioned published PR plan we will be tabling on
Saturdays at the DFM throughout the month of June, and *NEED VOLUNTEERS*
to come and populate the table, eager and excited about community-owned
fiber broadband.

Please see the document here: https://goo.gl/xFFYgu

and sign up to take a shift. If you are ambitious and have time there
are some 2-3 tasks left to do, plus please free to add any you think are
missing in the PR area.

2) DCN as a Fiscal Agent for this project

DCN volunteers have created a draft MOU Agreement to be the Fiscal Agent
for our efforts. Part of the PR effort of course involves raising funds
to get the project rolling and approved. They have moved that a seperate
General Ledger account be created specifically to recieve and distribute
funds for the effort to make community owned broadband  fiber a reality
in Davis.

Please contact me off list if you are interested in being part of
editing this draft from the Davis Gig group. I'm exempting myself, from
this as I'm on the DCN board.

We also need someone willing to authorize and sign to it as a
representative of Davis GIG, the ad-hoc citizens committee.

3) Fresh Website

A new version of the site is available at www-test.davisgig.org.
This was also done to make the front end of the site more easily
maintainable by the current web team volunteers. The backend has not
changed.
This has incorporated Davis imagery, social media links, and a counter.

You can now donate through the paypal link button. Please do so, so we
can purchase
PR materials from local Davis businesses.

I'd like to invite everyone on this list to please take a look, and
donate what you can.

usr: test
pas: 123test

4) Meeting in June?

Anyone want to have a regular meeting? My thoughts are, there will be a
lot of effort put in this month, so perhaps we should just see how it
goes with the outreach, see if people signup, and if donations begin to
roll.

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your