[Davisgig] Meeting tonight @ 6pmn @ Sudwerk

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Wed Mar 4 16:09:26 PST 2015

Getting home at midnight last night used up my spousal allocation for
evening volunteer activities for this week ;)

So, I'll be missing tonight.

I spoke briefly with Rob White and Sarah Worley after last night's meeting,
and both expressed considerable interest in getting in touch with and
working with both DCN and Davisgig. Rob W and Sarah are the Chief and
Deputy Innovation Officers. It would probably be a fine idea to have a
gathering with one or both. Lunch is often a good time/place for meetings
of that kind.

Both council and staff seemed genuinely enthused last night. I suspect that
what me may most need to be on guard for is a move to prematurely limit the
scope to something smaller, like just downtown. We need to be ready to
answer financial questions in a way that will reassure everyone. Rob N's
idea of growing by neighborhoods might be one answer.

We need to figure out if we want a task force -- or something like it -- or
if we trust staff to be in the driver's seat.

Also, we need to find some contacts among the folks working on electric
power options. There's a natural overlap of interest, and the power folks
probably know a lot about penciling out infrastructure projects.

Has anyone noticed that we have a lot of Robs involved in this?

Steve