[Davisgig] Meeting 3/4/15 6pm & CITY COUNCIL

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Thu Feb 26 15:31:43 PST 2015

Hi

So went to the Connected Capital Area Consortium meeting this week and
found out that Winters CA will invest in putting in Fiber. I really know
no more details than that, didn't get to talk with the mayor or anything.

The Yolo LAFCO ED Christine Crawford will be  at City Council on 3.3 to
present the "Yolo County Broadband Plan" recommendations for Davis. The
consultant from Magellan Advisors was with Christine at the CCAC
meeting, so, likely hes in town doing all the meetings with her.

I do not know what time it will be at the city council, or if there will
be public comment or what, but should tomorrow.  I'll plan on attending
if its reasonably timed, and they are looking for public input. Anyone
else would be welcome (especially since I have another committmetn that
night I'd like not to break) but I think it would be good for the
council to hear from citizens that we do not want, yet another monopoly.

Thanks

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your