[Davisgig] MRIC + VOTE

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Aug 21 11:04:18 PDT 2015

The San Leandro model discussed in the MRIC is just an arrangement to allow
municipal conduit to be used for a fiber "ring" to connect major business
parks.
http://litsanleandro.com/what-its-about/faq-frequently-asked-questions/. It
is not FTTH or anything remotely like this.

We need to impress on the economic development folks that the lack of FTTH
will inevitably limit the attractiveness of Davis to the kind of businesses
they want to attract, as research employees will want high-connectivity
housing.