[Urcad] Upcoming wiring work at URC

Omsoft Systems Administration sysadmin at omsoft.com
Wed Jan 24 10:33:25 PST 2018

Hi Residents of the URC

Omsoft technicians are installing WiFi Internet Access Points, on all
floors, in the hallways of the East and West wings of the facility. Work
will begin Thursday, 1/25 in the West wing and is scheduled to conclude
Monday, 1/29.

During this installation work, we will have ladders, cable boxes, and a
cart in the halls at various places and times. As we install these new
wireless radios. please be advised that we will keep our disruptions to
a minimum, and we expect no impact to existing Internet services in the
facility. This work is a continuation of the initial Public WiFi
deployment, along the main north/south hallway that happened in 2016.
These wireless radios will not replace the personal ones you currently
use in your apartments, they are for visiting members of the public, and
to allow for convenient “roaming” internet access coverage throughout
the campus for resident’s tablets, phones, and other mobile devices.

After this portion is complete, we will continue to work with PRS staff,
to provide WiFi coverage throughout the campus. Please contact us via
phone at 5307580119, or via email at sysadmin at omsoft.com should you have
any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your attention,

Omsoft Systems Administration