Events & Actions for Palestinian Rights

palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Sun Apr 25 16:50:28 PDT 2021

Upcoming Events

│ Monday, April 26, 2021, 8:30am PDT
A Conversation With Dr. Hanan Ashrawi about the Upcoming Palestinian
Elections.
Dr. Hanan Ashrawi, a Palestinian leader, legislator, activist, and scholar,
will discuss her thoughts about the upcoming Palestinian elections. This
event will be moderated by Said Arikat. Click here for livestream link.
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7rjyPV5Sv9nJVgR4jv0kQ/live>

│ Thursday, April 29, 2021, 8pm (Local Event)
>From Sacramento to Palestine, the current struggle both here and in
Palestine against the occupation of indigenous lands to create wealth and
comfort for occupying forces, and the cruel imprisonment resulting in the
brave hunger strikes by those behind prison walls. More details forthcoming.
FMI: (916) 572-9680, sac at ANSWERcoalition.org

Take Action

│ Tell your representative to co-sponsor HR 2590
<https://nwttac.dci-palestine.org/contact_your_lawmaker_about_hr_2590#/7/> ,
the "Defending the Human Rights of Palestinian Children and Families Living
Under Israeli Military Occupation Act," or the Palestinian Children and
Families Act.  Introduced earlier this month by Rep. Betty McCollum, this
bill seeks to promote justice, equality and human rights for Palestinian
children and families by prohibiting Israeli authorities from using U.S.
taxpayer funds to detain and torture Palestinian children, demolish and
seize Palestinian homes, and further annex Palestinian land in the occupied
West Bank.
 <https://nwttac.dci-palestine.org/contact_your_lawmaker_about_hr_2590#/7/>
Click to sign the petition. Also send your own message to
<https://matsui.house.gov/contact> Matsui,
<https://garamendi.house.gov/contact-me> Garamendi,
<http://www.bera.house.gov/contact> Bera or  <http://www.house.gov> your
representative asking them to co-sponsor this important bill.

│ Sign the Petition to the ICC Office of the Prosecutor to Investigate War
Crimes by Israeli Military

│ Sign  <https://secure.everyaction.com/wUAYmd6RzEacXxN3WQuYQQ2> Petition to
Stop Israel's forced displacement of Palestinians from East Jerusalem!

New Democratic Club for Palestine Seeks More Members

The Sacramento Democrats for Justice in Palestine (SDJP) club, a newly
formed entity affiliated with the Democratic Party of Sacramento County, is
looking to recruit more members. While the club charges a $12 membership
fee, it will gladly waive this fee for anyone that asks. This club, along
with others in California and across the country, can play a role in
ensuring the party continues to move toward supporting justice for
Palestine, but that only happens if we increase our membership in clubs like
SDJP.

To join, please click on the membership tab on the website and complete the
<https://cadems4palestine.com/become-a-member> form . This
<https://cadems4palestine.com/our-work> link will take you to our website so
you may read more about why we formed our club, the club's policies, and its
<https://cadems4palestine.com/our-bylaws> bylaws. If you have any questions,
please email Chris Yatooma at  <mailto:cyatooma7 at yahoo.com>
cyatooma7 at yahoo.com

For comments, questions, to subscribe or unsubscribe, please email
SacReg4PalestinianRights at gmail.com.