Take Action: Petition to Pope on Palestine & Event updates - Gaza activist Eva Bartlett & others
palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Sun Mar 9 18:01:17 PDT 2014
Please join Nobel Laureates Desmond Tutu and Mairead Maguire along with hundreds of people around the country and now the world in signing the petition <http://www.endtheoccupation.org/Letter2Pope> asking Pope Francis to publicly call on Israel to ends its violations of international law and human rights: www.endtheoccupation.org/Letter2Pope
Then please add your support to these two petitions:
● Tell the international football league, the FIFA, to suspend the Israeli Football Association’s FIFA membership: click for petition. <http://www.change.org/petitions/fifa-suspend-the-israeli-football-association-s-fifa-membership?recruiter=1798886&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition> This petition was initiated following the January 2014 shooting of two young Palestinian soccer <http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/palestinian-teenagers-shot-feet-by-israeli-soldiers-after-playing-football-calls-fifa-israel-ban-1439183http:/> players by Israeli soldiers.
● Stop the Jewish National Fund (JNF) from receiving charitable tax exemption for discrimination including participating in the forced displacement of 30,000 Bedouin Palestinians, and isolation of another 40,000, from their lands. Sign <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sdRGP7FxSo5xlI2FSdjVxJfURA9w5xBeZ54EHK6gGTk/viewform?edit_requested=true> the petition
Please Mark your Calendar and Share these Upcoming events:
● Sunday, March 16, 2014, 7pm: Speaking up for Gaza.
Presentation by Eva Bartlett <http://ingaza.wordpress.com> , a Canadian human rights activist and journalist reporting on Gaza since 2008. Her eyewitness accounts from Occupied Palestine have been published in the Electronic Intifada, Inter Press Service, Countercurrents and her own blog: In <http://www.ingaza.wordpress.com> Gaza.
909 12th St, Sacramento. 916-448-7157; SabeelSacramento at gmail.com
♦ Tuesday, March 18, 4-6pm, Vigil to Support Palestinian Rights, 16th & J, Sacramento. FMI: sacramentobds at gmail.com
● Thursday, March 20, 2014, 7pm: Against Our Better Judgment
<http://www.ifamericansknew.org/us_ints/history.html> The hidden history of how the United States was used to create Israel. Book reading and signing by Alison <http://alisonweir.org/journal/2014/3/9/my-talk-at-natonal-summit-to-reassess-the-us-israel-special.html> Weir founder of If Americans Knew <http://ifamericansknew.org> .
Time Tested Books, 1114 21st St., Sacramento.
FMI: 916-447-5696; info at timetestedbooks.net
● Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 7pm: Human Rights, the Environment, and the Israeli-Palestinian Struggle.
Presentation by Palestinian activist Dr. Mazin <http://qumsiyeh.org/aboutqumsiyeh> Qumsiyeh, author of Sharing the Land of Canaan; Popular Resistance in Palestine; and Mammals of the Holy Land. He has given hundreds of talks around the world, published 100+ op-ed pieces, and been interviewed multiple times on TV and radio.
Centennial United Methodist Church, 5401 Freeport Blvd., Sacramento.
Doors open 6:30 for refreshments.
FMI: SabeelSacramento at gmail.com
♦ Tuesday, April 15, 4-6pm, Vigil No More taxes for war, occupation or Israel’s human rights abuses! 16th & J, Sacramento. FMI: sacramentobds at gmail.com
→ Join Sacramento BDS on Saturdays for boycott SodaStream bannering and Leafleting. Email Sacramentobds at gmail.com for locations.
√ Check out: <http://www.policymic.com/articles/81363/9-brands-you-can-boycott-to-hold-israel-accountable-for-its-violation-of-international-law> 9 Brands you can boycott to hold Israel accountable for its violations of International Law
Be your own billboard – wear a “Got Human Rights? Palestinians don’t” t-shirt and put a “I support Palestinian Rights” bumper sticker on your car. To order, contact: sacpeace at dcn.org
Please pass on this message to those who might be interested, post on your Facebook, etc!
These announcements are from the Sacramento Regional Coalition for Palestinian Rights, see our Mission statement below and check out our website: www.Sac4Palestine.org <http://www.sac4palestine.org/> .
To subscribe or unsubscribe, email: SacReg4PalestinianRights at gmail.com.
To get Sacramento regional peace, justice & environment event updates, subscribe to the SacPeace event updates by emailing: sacpeace at dcn.org
The Sacramento Regional Coalition for Palestinian Rights (the Coalition) comprises organizations and individuals who advocate for human rights, civil rights, equality, and dignity of the Palestinian people living in occupied Palestine, Israel, the United States, and elsewhere in the diaspora. The Coalition calls for full implementation of international law regarding and respect for the rights and dignity of Palestine and the Palestinian people.
Recognizing that Palestinians in Gaza, the West Bank, and Israel are under assault by the Israeli government, armed settlers, and others, the Coalition advocates for immediate changes in U.S. policy toward Palestine and Israel. These changes include a halt to all U.S. military aid and other aid to Israel that enables or promotes: violations of human rights; the continued oppression of the Palestinian people, their culture, and identity; and Israeli policies of apartheid, which are a crime under the International Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of Apartheid, ratified by United Nations General Assembly.
Recognizing that U.S. advocates for Palestinian rights are under assault by anti-Palestinian organizations and other entities, we also dedicate ourselves to support the rights of all to challenge U.S. & Israeli policies.
The Coalition engages only in nonviolent strategies, including efforts in response to the international campaign for boycott, divestment, and sanctions (www.bdsmovement.net) that calls for Israel to meet its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the precepts of international law by:
1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall;
2. Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
3. Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PalestinianRightsSacRegion