Rally Nov. 29: Int'l Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People

palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Tue Nov 26 06:45:47 PST 2013

 *This Friday, November 29, *2013, 2:30 - 4:30pm,  come to the rally
for *International
Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People* and Boycott SodaStream.
Front of Arden Fair Mall, Arden & Heritage, Sacramento. FMI: pm141 at att.net;
sacpeace at dcn.org; 916-448-7157

As U.S. taxpayers we have a responsibility to do what we can to end U.S.
financial and political support for Israel’s human rights abuses.  Please
take action:

 ● *Tell Congress* you want all U.S. aid to Israel halted until Israel ends
its violations of human rights and international law.  This includes ending
the deadly blockade of Gaza: 1.7 million people are trapped in Gaza with
raw sewage running down the street because Israel has completely cut them
off by land, sea and air.
 Call 202-224-3121 and email through: www.house.gov and www.senate.gov

  ● *Sign the petition* to Stop the Jewish National Fund (JNF) from
receiving charitable tax exemption for discrimination including
participating in the forced displacement of 30,000 Bedouin Palestinians,
and isolation of another 40,000, from their lands.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1sdRGP7FxSo5xlI2FSdjVxJfURA9w5xBeZ54EHK6gGTk/viewform?edit_requested=true

 *Read Update from A Sacramento Activist in Palestine:
www.sacbds.org/palestine-update-nov-2013
<http://www.sacbds.org/palestine-update-nov-2013>*

"Even after five weeks in Palestine’s West Bank, daily reality is still
stark. Every day there are incidents of brutality of Israeli soldiers,
settlers, and the state. Every day Israel violates International Law and
human rights with impunity.

 *During this visit I have: *
 -
witnessed and heard first-hand accounts of Israeli soldier and settler
violence against Palestinian civilians;

- listened to a young woman who was jailed and psychologically abused by
her interrogators in an attempt to stop her from non-violent activism;

-  been tear gassed by Israeli soldiers and had rocks thrown at me by
illegal Israeli settlers;
- heard repeated reports of Israeli soldiers conducting night raids into
Palestinian homes;

- been with a Palestinian man who was just told by an Israeli official that
menacing illegal Israeli settlers would be allowed to stay on the land they
had stolen and that he, as a Palestinian, would have to ask permission from
the Israeli army to use his own land;

- seen Palestinian men pulled off a Palestinian bus by Israeli soldiers,
likely to be interrogated using physical and psychological violence;

- heard a human rights attorney describe the arrest and detention of a
child including his being so tightly handcuffed with plastic tie that his
swollen hands bled; his being transported on the metal floor of a jeep
racing through roughly-paved roads; his abuse at the hands of
interrogators; and his being denied an attorney, the right to remain
silent, and the accompaniment of his parents.

*I have also stood with Palestinian, Israeli, and international
activists*in resistance to these abuses.
More need to stand with us.  Please raise your voice to stop these human
rights abuses so that there can be justice for the people of
Palestine/Israel."