[PalestinianRightsSacRegion] AIPAC demo this Sunday 12-2-12, new listserve & other local Palestine rights events

The list serve provides alerts and action notices related to Palestinian rights in the Sacramento area. palestinianrightssacregion at list.omsoft.com
Thu Nov 29 16:02:29 PST 2012

I received four of these.  please remove me from all of your lists.
thanks, emily.wright at sbcglobal.net  ( I think the settings are wrong
on reply or reply all" i just hit reply, not reply all.
On Nov 29, 2012, at 3:55 PM, The list serve provides alerts and
wrote:

> [...]
> light of its impact on one family’s life. Iyad Burnat, a non-
> violence resistance leader from Palestine's West Bank, will speak
> after the film. Times & Location TBA. FMI:
> sacramento at jewishvoiceforpeace.org
>

> Purpose and Mission
>
> The Sacramento Regional Coalition for Palestinian Rights (the
> Coalition) comprises organizations and individuals who advocate for
> human rights, civil rights, equality, and dignity of the
> Palestinian people living in occupied Palestine, Israel, the United
> States, and elsewhere in the diaspora. The Coalition calls for full
> implementation of international law regarding and respect for the
> rights and dignity of Palestine and the Palestinian people.
>

> Recognizing that Palestinians in Gaza, the West Bank, and Israel
> are under assault by the Israeli government, armed settlers, and
> others, the Coalition advocates for immediate changes in U.S.
> policy toward Palestine and Israel. These changes include a halt to
> all U.S. military aid and other aid to Israel that enables or
> promotes: violations of human rights; the continued oppression of
> the Palestinian people, their culture, and identity; and Israeli
> policies of apartheid, which are a crime under the International
> Convention on the Suppression and Punishment of the Crime of
> Apartheid, ratified by United Nations General Assembly.
>

> Recognizing that U.S. advocates for Palestinian rights are under
> assault by anti-Palestinian organizations and other entities, we
> also dedicate ourselves to support the rights of all to challenge
> U.S. & Israeli policies.
>

> The Coalition engages only in nonviolent strategies, including
> efforts in response to the international campaign for boycott,
> divestment, and sanctions (www.bdsmovement.net) that calls for
> Israel to meet its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s
> inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the
> precepts of international law by:
>
> 1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and
> dismantling the Wall;
>
> 2. Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian
> citizens of Israel to full equality; and
>
> 3. Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian
> refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in
> UN resolution 194.
>

> The following organizations are members of the Sacramento Regional
> Coalition for Palestinian Rights;
>
> American Muslims for Palestine, Chico Palestine Action Working
> Group, Davis Committee for Palestinian Rights, Friends of Sabeel
> Sacramento Region, Jewish Voice for Peace, Palestinian American
> Congress, Palestine-Israel Working Group of Nevada County,
> Sacramento Area Peace Action (www.sacpeace.org), Sacramento BDS,
> Sacramento County Green Party, Talking Drum, Veterans for Peace,
> Women’s International League for Peace & Freedom.
>
> FMI about the Coalition including contact information for member

Emily Wright
emily.wright at sbcglobal.net