[Omwireless] Maintenance and Speed Increase

Announcements for Omsoft Wireless customers omwireless at list.omsoft.com
Thu Dec 5 17:22:29 PST 2019

Omsoft Fixed Wireless customers

We are announcing a maintenance window on Tuesday December 10th, between
noon and 2pm, to install and upgrade the core Internet router at the
University Retirement Community (URC) campus. All of our NW Davis fixed
wireless customers connect through this hardware. We anticipate the
actual downtime during this window to be only 5-10 minutes, but with all
major network upgrades, it caries a certain amount of risk of possible
instability in the network.

This hardware will be capable of delivering the increased performance
from the new higher capacity circuit we have installed at URC. As a
result,  as part of this upgrade we will be providing all customers, a
100% increase in your purchased capacity, as the delivery infrastructure
allows. To deploy this  complementary increase, we will  update
customer  speed queues manually, and will be doing so throughout the
week after the router upgrade completes, and we asses the performance of
the system.

Thanks for your patience during this maintenance window.

Omsoft Systems Administration