[Omwireless] Wireless Services Update

Announcements for Omsoft Wireless customers omwireless at list.omsoft.com
Thu Mar 10 17:52:08 PST 2011

Hi Omsoft Wireless users,

We're making steady progress bringing faster bandwidth services to your
neighborhoods. Our new tower connection, has had some electrical issues
which have occupied our attention over the last month. That is finally
getting ironed out and we are getting 50 Mbps to that tower, which we
are trying to deliver to you!

In order to fully utilize the faster speeds we need to reduce our
Customer to AP ratio, and make sure clients have the faster, newer
generation 802.11g or n radio hardware.

About 25% of our customers are using the 802.11b radio standard, and
those radios need to be replaced to get everyone on the faster standard.
We will send particular details to those customers carrying the older
radios for upgrade options.

We are also breaking the network down into smaller cells, for fewer
clients per AP, that will provide more performance for the clients on
those cells, and make it easier to get all newer radios on the cell. We
have already deployed one of these smaller cells onto the tower, but
have been delayed  by our current electrical work.

We will continue these operations throughout the spring to bring the
faster service to all clients.

Thanks for using our network, as always, we appreciate your business.

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks