[Omwireless] Dreaded Fiber Cut

Announcements for Omsoft Wireless customers omwireless at list.omsoft.com
Sat Jul 23 21:33:57 PDT 2011

 At approximately 10:30 am on Saturday July 23rd, a major cut of fiber
 optic cable bundle occurred in Davis CA.

 This was an inadvertent construction accident, as these often are,
 since this fiber bundle is buried in conduit 4-6 feet underground. Much
 copper infrastructure was also damaged.

 Approximately 150 strands of fiber were cut. Within this bundle were
 bulk circuits we use to carry DSL customer traffic to our office, and
 also our traffic to our Sacramento Data Center facility and the
 Internet.

 ATT contractors were the source of the cut, and fiber optic repair
 crews have been working since 2pm, splicing these cable pairs to resolve
 the issue. Service was restored out at restored 9pm.

 We apologize this had to happen, and it took so long for ATT to fix.

 FWIW We have had our DSL services fiber for over 12 years without
 incident, so its a freak occurrence.

 Thanks for your patience

--
 Omsoft Systems Administraton