[Davisgig] DavisGIG is on the ropes and is about to be knocked out at the next meeting TOMORROW NIGHT 3/27 6:30 pm city chambers

John Steggall steggall at dcn.org
Tue Mar 26 17:29:04 PDT 2019

RAN, et al.,

How is this for a template to write to the city and UCD?

=-=-=

Hi,

I am concerned about news that the City of Davis may invite a major private carrier to install fiber optic infrastructure in the city. I am against this and would prefer to see the city continue exploring the proposal developed by DavisGIG which would:

* Provide the city with its own broadband resources
* Stimulate competition
* Guarantee private internet connections for business and homes
* Give our school, city, and public facilities internet access for a one time cost

There are no guarantees that a major carrier will honor privacy, net neutrality or the digital divide. Please do not derail the DavisGIG process!

Thanks,

Your Name Here

=-=-=