[Davisgig] Electrical grid as a broadband carrier

Shneor Sherman szsherm at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 22:25:06 PDT 2019

 Chattanooga's locally owned (maybe municipal) electric utility did exactly that years ago, laying fiber along their grid. But PG&E?

Shneor Sherman

     On Wednesday, August 14, 2019, 9:05:35 PM PDT, Larry Dieterich <ls at whitewavedigital.com> wrote:

Is anyone on the list aware of examples where the electrical grid infrastructure is used to carry broadband fiber?

I ask because very recently Mexico announced that they will be providing Internet across the entire country in partnership with the electrical distribution network.

I’m wondering about the opportunities for Davis gig for partnering with PG&E or SMUD or some other electrical utility to utilize their existing power infrastructure to deliver broadband via fiber.

I’m wondering if there might be some benefit to these electric utilities to delivering high speed broadband to their customers.

Larry Dieterich