[Davisgig] BATF meeting results jan 04, 2017 and schedule for rest of Jan/feb

Jeff Mischkinsky jmischki at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Jan 5 15:03:08 PST 2017

hi,
  Here’s an update on the recent progress in the Broadband Advisory TF on broadband futures for Davis.

  As was previously reported on this list, we received several responses to the Broadband Feasibility Study RFP and are in the process of deciding whom to hire to conduct the study.

  The biggest take way from the BATF meeting held last night is that we confirmed that we would hold “in person” interviews with the 2 “finalist” consulting firms concerning their responses to the RFP.

   The interviews will be held during an “extended”, (i.e. longer than usual) regular BATF meeting on 25 January 2017. The meeting is scheduled to start at 5:00 PM and will include the 2 interviews and some discussion time. The planned ending time is 9:00 PM, but don’t be surprised if it goes a bit longer.
The location is still tbd, because we think we may need a bigger room than the one we usually use, next to the City Council meeting hall.

  The meeting, as is the case for all BATF meetings, is public and anyone may attend/observe.

 If you are thinking about attending, it would be nice if you could let me know — just so we can get an estimate how a big a room we might need. But that is not a requirement to attend.

  There will also be a “special” BATF meeting on Feb 1 at 6:30-8:30 pm (location tbd, but most probably in the “regular” room) to discuss selection/action.

  The 2 firms are CCG Consulting/Finley Engineering and CTC Technology & Energy. I, (and the city of course), have copies of their RFP Proposals. I believe that they are a matter of public record.

 At the meeting last night we spent most of the time discussing the questions to be posed and the format of interviews.
 We had also received a recent example of each firms work conducting a similar study. One was for Boulder, CO and the other was for Idaho Falls, ID. We also spent some discussing those reports, as well as their RFP responses.

  feel free to email me any questions/concerns (either on or off list).

cheers,
  jeff

---
Jeff Mischkinsky