[Davisgig] Fwd: Ammon Idaho Offers a Whole New Kind of Local Internet Choice

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue Jun 21 10:23:05 PDT 2016

Hi Davisites

When I was at the BBCC 2016 in Austin, I was struck by how close this
model is to our DavisGIG model. Its a real Paradigm shift like the IT
director Bruce has said.

Customers will be able to switch ISPs through software over the open
access network and city owned fibers.  City gets a lease payment for
every customer every month to pay back the investment.

A nice thing about this model is that the HOMEOWNER is paying for and
owning  the drop from the street to the side of their house. That
totally makes sense to me, as its an improvement to the property and
passes along with the sale!

EXCITING  - ENTRY POINT NETWORKS which built and operates the software
Ammon has deployed that allows the residents to switch ISPs on the
Virtualized Network stack is coming to speak to DavisGIG next week! Too
bad it's not known as the Davis Model, eh ?

So there is at least one place that is deploying the sort of
architecture we have advocated.

Here is a video about it -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSQVvFY4lPI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks