[Davisgig] Meetings + Jump Start Davis + General Meeting

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Sat Sep 12 16:27:56 PDT 2015

Hi Davisites

Just some quick updates on DavisGIG

1) Have meetings this week with the DJUSD Director of Instructional
Technology about the DavisGIG network, with the intent of asking them
for support, plus being at the table for future discussions with the
other major stakeholder groups. That is this Tuesday at 1pm at the
District office. Anyone who has time to make this please do, one or two
would be great, to help show to them, this is a citizen effort for the
whole community.

That next day, we are giving a talk at the local Soroptomist chapter
luncheon (thanks HB!)

2) Jumpstart Davis - 9/16/2015 6:30pm at Sophia's Thai Kitchen -
downtown Davis. We are going to get a whole lot of new supporters for
FiberOptic in Davis. Please attend if you can so you can help mix in the
crowd and talk it up.
It will be a 5-10 minute talk on the concept, plus another 30-60 minutes
of networking. That is something I'm not the best at, so please come and
add your effort to the cause.

3) Lastly next General Meeting,  #6, Wed Oct 7th, at 6:30pm at Sudwerk.
So please come by if you can. We will provide an update on the effort,
the latest cost estimates from the big company, and identify some other
vendors to meet with City Staff.

Look for an article from the Vanguard after Jumpstart Davis as well.

Here's to some cool weather!

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your