[Davisgig] Lawn Signs + Meet Pacific Utility Construction + Meeting with AFES

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue Oct 27 18:35:18 PDT 2015

Hi Davis Folks

Now is not the time to become complacent, or disengaged. We are a lot
closer to achieving; better Internet access for everyone in Davis,
stimulation of business development and retention, and a new revenue
stream for our City government. All at the same time.

I'm concerned the circle of energy from the original volunteers seems to
be dissipating, and finding an ever smaller group of people aiding this
effort with their thoughts and actions.  My efforts are taxed by the
uptick in load my small business is under, and so have about a quarter
of the time available as this past spring and summer for these efforts.
We do have a sort of dynamo advocate in Matthews Williams who seems to
believe as much as I do, how important this is to do. So please
re-engage, its crucial we make this happen for our town, not to mention
the society at large.

Put a sign in your yard, let your neighbors become curious. Once they
learn about the project, they'll support it.

This effort is winding its way forward, and we need to build out our
email list extensively through our website, to prepare for an upcoming a
crowd funding campaign.  The signs need to carry our message, and we
need to be in regular contact with the community again at the DFM.

We are going to raise money now, for preparation of a feasibility study
report from a reputable and objective 3rd party Broadband consultancy.
City Council has  to review this  before any ballet measure can be
brought  to council. We always knew this, though now we have city staff
relatively aware of this strategy and timeline. The hard deadline for
any ballot in the June 2016 election needs to be brought  by 2/16/16.

1) Finally - we have great lawn signs!

Muchas Gracias to those involved making it happen.
They are pretty striking, and draw the eye.

YOU too can help DavisGIG become real by hosting one in your yard for a
few months.

This is the fastest way I can think of to alert the whole town to this
important community project.
Help generate the political will to get this done.

You can get them at

Omsoft <https://www.omsoft.com>
1930 5th St Suite C
Davis, CA 95616

They are free if you will put them up, but we suggest a $20 donation.

2) Informational Talk Roundtable Meeting with Pacific Utility
Construction this Friday 10.30 at NOON at  Steve's Pizza

This company is privately owned and in Woodland. We have a resource in
the depth of exeperience  their management team offer. They have done
directional drilling quite extensively, its their primary business. They
have 6 rigs and crew, and are going to talk with us about what they do,
and how they would deploy the DavisGIG network.

This is a great opportunity to meet someone that has been doing this for
the last 15 years or so, and ask any questions about
the physical aspects of a FTTP install in a community.  DavisGIG will
also buy some pizza, so if some of you would like to come, please RSVP.

3) Meeting with AFES - on Thursday 10/29, we'll be meeting with another
owner of a Yolo County ISP, AFES.net,  to see about getting them on
board as one of the private ISPs selling service over the DavisGIG network.

Onward

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your