[Davisgig] City of Davis Staff Report on Broadband Released & Article about El Macero

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Mon Nov 30 19:53:38 PST 2015

Hi

I can only agree on that, now that I have read this over.

The last interactions I've had with the City Staff have been negative
on having a June 2016 vote because of the  competing tax measure,
  and they suggested 11/2016 as more appropriate.

I asked them to look into the reported requirement that an election
where there is a bond issue
needed to be a city council election, and have received no definitive
answer.

  Looks like this task force is a step back from even getting municipal
Fiber optic,
  but more  focused on studying broadband in Davis,  and a lot of extra
effort.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with this ?

The staff report and recommendation will be presented as a consent item
tomorrow at the city council.

Thanks

P.S. How does this relate to the Sports Complex?

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your