[Davisgig] Facebook is getting ready for VR.

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Sat Nov 21 16:08:23 PST 2015

Hi All

Fully immersive VR is here. Facebook is upgrading all their core to
100Gbps. They are getting to deliver a virtual reality
interaction that is going to blow everyone away, I look forward to
seeing all your Facebook avatars.

Anyway lets do this right and get community owned fiber optic cable, run
by our community and leased to  a variety of private providers.
We will use it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3006938/facebook-building-a-100-gigabit-switch-to-keep-up-with-video-vr-traffic.html

Thanks
RAN

P.S Harvest season has come to a  close for me, and so more time and
effort AGAIN  will be directed to this community project.
  Some more website development is occuring, and lawn signs are still
available.