[Davisgig] Citywide Public Outreach about DavisGIG 7/14/15 + Farmers Market Saturdays + Website

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue Jun 9 17:03:45 PDT 2015

Hi

1) DavisGIG Event

The first city wide public outreach  event for Davis GIG will be at the
library's Blanchard Room. It will be on 7/14/2015 from 6:30-7:30pm or
so. I'm looking for at least 1-2 speakers, please chime in if you have
any ideas as to a speakers or a particular theme of the project to talk
about. Since this is the first event, I'm thinking it would be good, to
have  "intro to fiber optic and municipal broadband" as the first
speaker, and then one other talk, and questions. Plus this needs to be
well attended. So please plan on attending if you are in town and able.
If attendees want to record video statements there, too, we should make
that happen.

There will be 3-4 other events of differing formats on the topic held
later through the calendar year.

2) Farmers Market

So we talked to quite a few people about Davis GiG last week, and signed
up some 30+ to the website. Some people were pretty enthusiastic about it.
Come take some time to talk with people about the project at the Market.
NO TECHNICAL Know how necessary. This week, we will have little cards to
pass out,
so if you just want to do that, great.

If you are tabling, just tell them about the concept for the project.

The city or community owns the physical network elements, it gets
deployed to all home and businesses, and provides open access to the
  network for private IP/Phone/TV providers to sell services over the
community network. Choice and competition bring lower prices.

Please signup here if you can take a shift:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yP4HXL5Ov35DxJ0gLBE52kRHX2Qx_d2nmS9QWjZ1L6I/edit#gid=586790450

3) Website

Our redesigned site is up, ready to direct to social media, and take
monies. So please tell your friends about this and ask them to signup to
support
  the movement, lets get community owned FTTH for Davis.

Put some time and money in, make it happen folks.

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your