[Davisgig] Community Outreach Meeting + Donations! + General Meeting

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Wed Jul 15 18:09:45 PDT 2015

Hi

Community Outreach Meeting

A big thanks to the volunteers who helped make our Public Outreach event
successful. It was nigh professional, we had a full support crew of four
and two presenters. Had a fairly full room, the presentations went
smoothly, and were hopefully engaging. 40 people on the sign in sheet. I
don't know about you all but I really enjoyed the second presentation
and some of the high bandwidth applications coming along.

We raised some money, and I think made some good new connections. We
should have video of the session relatively soon. At this point we
should keep a presence at the Farmer's Market as we can and keep the
public outreach effort going.
Multiple people, that have experience doing this, have recently said
that the "political will" to get the job done is the most challenging
part of getting a municipal fiber build completed. So, that's great
right ? because this is the hardest part?

We will keep building awareness and have another outreach meeting maybe
a panel type discussion next. At a larger venue.

Donations!

We now have a square donation account as well as paypal, with readers
for both platforms. So will make sure to have that available at Farmer's
Market. Please ask your friends to stop by and donate to help move this
along. Surprisingly, we have already collected about $500. If any other
venues come to mind, for fundraising we are ready to go. Maybe we could
get a Sudwerk Dock fundraiser going or something.

General Meeting

Lets meet Wed Aug 5th at 6:30pm for a beer at Sudwerk. This will be our
fifth meeting and it will be good to go over the events of the past
months and plan for the Fall.

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your