[Davisgig] Meeting Reminder 7/14/2015 6:30pm Davis Library

Robert Nickerson omrob at omsoft.com
Mon Jul 6 14:07:41 PDT 2015

Hi Giggers

So I'll just put out there, that I had another great weekend tabling.
We are at around 240 people through the website, which is great.
Everyone I talked to but one grumpy old man was very interested, and
  made some great contacts.

Here is a big reminder about our meeting coming next week.
This is going to be a great talk about the new technologies you
will be using over the DavisGIG network.

We'd like it to be well populated so please come if you can.

I'll be putting this around social media.

Please like the DavisGIG facebook group and refer to it from there if
you can

Thanks
RAN

When: Tuesday July 14th 6:30 pm - 7:30pm
Where: Davis Public Library
What: DavisGIG - Municipal Fiber Options Community Meeting
BY: DavisGIG and Davis Community Network (DCN)
Cost: Free, donations accepted

DavisGIG, a community group within town, is advocating for a
municipal-owned, fiber-optic telecommunications network for Davis.

We are presenting two speakers.

Robert Nickerson "Municipal Fiber Optic for Davis"

We will explore what fiber optic Internet means, and why a
community-owned fiber build is the best approach for Davis.

Robert Nickerson, is an Inter-nut, who has worked providing Internet
Access, locally, since 1996. He is one of the owners of Omsoft, and very
involved with DavisGIG(www.davisgig.org),  DCN (www.dcn.org) and Davis
Makerspace (www.davismakerspace.org)

Oliver Kreylos, Ph.d "Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Telepresence"

These terms, you have no doubt heard of, are the next generation of
human computer interface. They are being deployed to mass market in
2016,  and you might know some of the more popular products such as
OculusVR, Microsoft HoloLens or Google Glass. A roaring-fast fiber-optic
network is needed in Davis to create the necessary platform to utilize
this new technology.

Dr. Kreylos has been working as a researcher, developer and inventor in
the field of Computer Visualization.  He has been a Project Scientist
with the UCD, Institute for Data Analysis and Visualization for over 12
years.

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your