[Davisgig] Metric for Repayment

Robert Nickerson rob at omsoft.com
Tue Jan 13 20:44:01 PST 2015

On 1/11/2015 11:51 AM, Shneor Sherman wrote:
  The actual project funds would only be at the very most (at the lowest
interest rate) $24 million. So how many miles of fiber installation
would that pay for?

That is part of what I do not know, but should be discoverable and made
known through this process. That is why I'm reaching out for help to all
of you, once the network is in the ground we have a better understanding

> Please check out the history of local parcel tax votes at the Yolo Elections web site. Since these bonds would be issued for a specific project, I believe they would require a 2/3 vote. Alternative funding methods are likely to be even more difficult with the possible exception of grants.

There are a number of ways to finance this effort, I think State of
California now lets communities apply to infrastructure bank loans for
these types of deployments, so that might would be the 2/3 requirement.
I'd think it only proper that everyone voted on it as it is a new
monthly charge, like WSG. I'd just like to see if we can get the cost as
reasonable as possible too, but perhaps we can stick with a figure like
$20 monthly, and if we can get it our actual costs lower, we can
subsidize buildouts into rural areas.

RAN

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies">. and put us in your