[Davisgig] Public (free) wifi at parks, downtown

Robert Nickerson omrob at omsoft.com
Thu Apr 16 11:23:14 PDT 2015

Hi

Why that could be a good selling point, it is also something that would
be something to explore after the fiber is deployed, and it has its own
management challenges.

What the fiber would do would be the transit backbone for wireless
access points, but managing it as "part of" the fiber rollout might
divert energy, dilute the idea, and take what time we have to get this
done.

Not saying its not possible, or not desirable, its just its own major
project. Though it sounds great, WiFi has "issues" especially when you
add more access points, it just piles interference on. It's tricky.

And Instaconnect already does WiFi thats free right?

Thanks
RAN

--
Rob Nickerson

CEO
Om Networks
UCD Class of 96
C: 530-848-3865

If we have helped you in a positive way, please give us a good
recommendation at daviswiki.org <http://daviswiki.org/Omsoft>, and/or
yelp.com <http://www.yelp.com/biz/omsoft-technologies-davis>.
Please like us on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/omsofttechnologies%22>. and put us in your