[Davisgig] Meeting with Communications Resources

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Wed Apr 15 15:51:20 PDT 2015

I seem to recall from the old Telecommunications Commission days that UCD
has a survey (or list) of apartment buildings with very large numbers of
students.

It occurs to me that these apartment complexes might be great opportunities
for early deployment. They're going to have a very high connection density,
making for rapid payback.

I believe that in South Korea, a common mechanism for apartment buildings
is to take fiber to the apartment buildings then use a very high-speed,
short-distance version of DSL to use twisted pair to apartment buildings. I
wonder if that's feasible here. I'd love to find a way to make big
apartment complexes early supporters of this project.