[Davisgig] Why the average person needs this

Scott F fugsco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:26:13 PDT 2015

A friend of mine has been living in South Korea since before Google, and has watched their high speed network take shape. Here is his description of one way South Koreans are using their terrific bandwidth.

"At home we get our television through a cable box hooked to the
internet. They don't use DVRs here. They just go on their TVs and
order programs. Usually if its a recent broadcast you pay a dollar.
If the program is a week old or older its a free view with a couple
of commercials to sit through first. Some American shows are
sold by the episode.

Movies work the same way. You pay 10 bucks for something currently
in theaters. 4 bucks for a recent movie. 2.50 for something a year old.
There are also tons of movies for free."

Scott Fuglei